Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Long time...

Dear friends It has been a long time since my last post and it is mainly because we have been very busy and we've had visitors from 2 rounds of ressource personnel. In March we had 2 scrub nurses here for 3 weeks visiting and then we rescently had two Medical engineers visiting for 10 days. We also had a visit from the head of the Project and a colleague. We originally also have had 2 operating days for the neurosurgical patients but that has rescently changed to 4 operating days a week. This, ofocourse, means more work in the Neurosurgical High Dependency Unit as well as in theatre. With more patients and more complicated surgery we also get more Equipment that many are not familiar with so we have ongoing training. This week the participants that just arrived back to Malawi from a 6 months stay in Norway, came back to work. It is always a burst of energy when the participants return and they can share their experiences and newly acquired knowledge with their colleagues. I have also celebrated my Africaversary, my one year stay in Malawi, on May 16th. I arrived on May 16th 2014 in Malawi and was supposed to stay for a year but that plan changed within 3 months and was extended to 2 years. I do not regret it but I am definatley looking forward to a long summer holiday. This year I also celebrated Our constitution day in Lilongwe at the Norwegian Ambassador's residence. It was a wonderful evening with good wine, excellent food and brilliant music. We have also installed our own washing machine in the ward, something that led to a great deal of entertainment for some of the guardians. They placed themselves on the floor close to the washing machine and watched the whole cycle that ran for 2hours 20minutes. In a few weeks I am getting a visit form my parents and my sister and my sparetime goes to planning what to do while they are here... Good times! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment