Friday, May 30, 2014

First 2 weeks lost...

Hello, I am so sorry for the break... We arrived in Blantyre on May 16 and celbrated May 17 with a visit to the hospital followed by a liquid lunch and later a liquid dinner, just like being home, The first two weeks here have consisted of visits to the hospital (received equipment from Norway), visits to the immigration office (a total of 3 times), a visit to the medical council (who had never registered a nurse anaesthesist before and therefore refused to do so), a visit to the nuses council (who required a 4 week introduction to the hospital working in different units).... They love forms and paperwork here! We finally negotiated it down to 2 weeks intro, after all we are here to do a specific job. We started yesterday in the AETC unit, which is actually not really an emergency and trauma unit, more like "legevakten". Not the funnest day I've had and I'll let u know why: 1. I've had a Delhi belly since I arrived (finally better as of yesterday), and I'm a bit dehydrated. 2. Fell in the shower a couple of days ago (yes I am an old lady), hit my right hip and shoulder and whipped my neck. 3. I have a throat/upper respiratory infection and feel like crap! But hey, why not do it all in one go? So, playing hookie today, lying in bed and watching tv... hope all of u a good! Love C

No comments:

Post a Comment